Updated: May 26, 2022
In order to avoid any ambiguity, this addendum specifically (and only) applies to you if you perform or provide Services to Customers in the state of Alabama. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and this addendum, this addendum shall control.
You acknowledge and agree that you are a “marketplace contractor” and that Wonolo is a “marketplace platform,” as defined in Alabama Code Title 25 § 25-4-10, and that you are not and shall not be deemed to be an employee of Wonolo.
In addition, with respect to your use of the Application and your performance or provision of services (including any services you perform(ed) or provide(d) prior to August 1, 2022), you and Wonolo acknowledge and agree that:
- You and Wonolo have agreed in writing that you are an independent contractor with respect to Wonolo;
- Wonolo does not and shall not unilaterally prescribe specific hours during which you must be available and must accept Requests from Customers;
- Wonolo does not and shall not prohibit you from using any online-enabled application, software, website, or system offered by other marketplace platforms, including those operated by Wonolo’s competitors;
- Wonolo does not and shall not restrict you from engaging in another occupation or business;
- You do and shall bear all or substantially all of the expenses you incur in performing or providing the services; and
- Wonolo does not and shall not furnish mandated equipment or tools for you or the person doing the work.