Updated: March 2, 2022
In order to avoid any ambiguity, this addendum specifically (and only) applies to you if you perform or provide Services to Customers in the state of Texas. In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and this addendum, this addendum shall control.
You acknowledge and agree that you are a marketplace contractor, and Wonolo is a marketplace platform as defined in Texas Title 40 Social Services and Assistance §815.134.
In addition, you and Wonolo specifically acknowledge and agree that:
- Wonolo uses a digital network to connect marketplace contractors to the public (including third-party individuals and entities) seeking the type of service or services offered by you and other marketplace contractor
- Wonolo accepts service requests from the public (including third-party individuals and entities) only through its digital network, and does not accept service requests by telephone, by facsimile, or in person at physical retail locations;
- Wonolo does not perform the services offered by you or other marketplace contractors at or from a physical business location that is operated by the platform in the state;
- You agree with Wonolo to use Wonolo’s digital network to provide services to the public (including third-party individuals or entities) seeking the type of service or services offered by you and other marketplace contractors.
- All or substantially all of the payment paid to you shall be on a per-job or transaction basis;
- Wonolo does not and shall not unilaterally prescribe specific hours during which you must be available to accept service requests from the public (including third-party individuals or entities) submitted through Wonolo’s digital network;
- Wonolo does not and shall not prohibit you from using a digital network offered by any other marketplace platform;
- Wonolo does not and shall not restrict you from engaging in any other occupation or business;
- You are and shall remain free from control by Wonolo as to where and when you work and when you access Wonolo’s digital network;
- You do and shall bear all or substantially all of your own expenses that are incurred by you in performing the service or services;
- You are and shall be responsible for providing the necessary tools, materials, and equipment to perform the service or services;
- Wonolo does not and shall not control the details or methods for the services performed by you by requiring you to follow specified instructions governing how to perform the services; and
- Wonolo does not and shall not require you to attend mandatory meetings or mandatory training.