Accepting Wonolo Requests and Wonolo Engagements in Tennessee
In order to avoid any ambiguity, this section specifically applies to you if you provide services to Wonolo Customers in the state of Tennessee.
You acknowledge and agree that you are a marketplace contractor and that Wonolo is a marketplace platform, in accordance with T.C.A.50-8-102.
By signing up for the Wonolo Mobile Application, you certify that you acknowledge, and agree to all of the following:
- You are an individual, corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other business entity that:
- have agreed with Wonolo to use Wonolo’s online-enabled application, software, website, or system to receive connections to third-party individuals or entities seeking services in this state; and
- In return for compensation from the third-party or Wonolo, you offer or provide services to the third-party individuals or entities upon being given an assignment or connection through the marketplace platform’s online-enabled application, software, website, or system; and
- Offers an online-enabled application, software, website, or system that enables the provision of services by you and other marketplace contractors to third-party individuals or entities seeking services; and
- Neither directly nor through any related party derives any benefit from work performed by marketplace contractors other than a subscription or use fee for placing marketplace contractors in assignments or otherwise providing connections.
- You are an independent contractor with respect to Wonolo;
- Wonolo does not unilaterally prescribe specific hours during which you must be available to accept service requests from third-party individuals or entities.
- Wonolo does not prohibit you from using any online-enabled application, software, website, or system offered by other marketplace platforms;
- You may, at your discretion, enlist the help of an assistant to complete the services, and Wonolo may require the assistant to complete any standard registration and vetting process. If you enlist the help of an assistant, you, not Wonolo, is responsible for paying the assistant;
- Wonolo does not restrict you from engaging in any other occupation or business;
- Wonolo does not require you or other marketplace contractors to use specific supplies or equipment;
- Wonolo does not control the means and methods for the services performed by you by requiring you to follow specified instructions governing how to perform the services. However, Wonolo may require that the quality of the services provided by you meet specific standards and requirements;
- The agreement between you and Wonolo may be terminated by either you or Wonolo with or without cause;
- Wonolo provides no medical or other insurance benefits to you, and you are responsible for paying taxes on all income derived as a result of services performed to third parties from the assignments or connections received from Wonolo; and
- All, or substantially all, payment to you is based on performance of services to third parties who have connected with you through Wonolo.