In order to avoid any ambiguity, this section specifically applies to you if you provide services to Wonolo Customers in the state of Texas.
You acknowledge and agree that you are a marketplace contractor, and Wonolo is a marketplace platform as defined in Texas Title 40 Social Services and Assistance §815.134. You specifically acknowledge and agree that:
- Wonolo uses a digital network to connect marketplace contractors to the public (including third-party individuals and entities) seeking the type of service or services offered by you and other marketplace contractor
- Wonolo accepts service requests from the public (including third-party individuals and entities) only through its digital network, and does not accept service requests by telephone, by facsimile, or in person at physical retail locations;
- Wonolo does not perform the services offered by you or other marketplace contractors at or from a physical business location that is operated by the platform in the state;
- You agree with Wonolo to use Wonolo’s digital network to provide services to the public (including third-party individuals or entities) seeking the type of service or services offered by you and other marketplace contractors.
- All or substantially all of the payment paid to you shall be on a per-job or transaction basis;
- Wonolo does not unilaterally prescribe specific hours during which you must be available to accept service requests from the public (including third-party individuals or entities) submitted through Wonolo’s digital network;
- Wonolo does not prohibit you from using a digital network offered by any other marketplace platform;
- Wonolo does not restrict you from engaging in any other occupation or business;
- You are free from control by Wonolo as to where and when you work and when you access Wonolo’s digital network;
- You bear all or substantially all of your own expenses that are incurred by you in performing the service or services;
- You are responsible for providing the necessary tools, materials, and equipment to perform the service or services;
- Wonolo does not control the details or methods for the services performed by you by requiring you to follow specified instructions governing how to perform the services; and
- Wonolo does not require you to attend mandatory meetings or mandatory training.