Need to expand your warehouse capacity?
It’s a good problem when you’re swamped with orders or new demand for your products–but it’s still a problem.
While your job might be easier in a few ways, you need to quickly scale to meet new demands.
And one of the biggest barriers to making your warehouse work for you is the forklifts you have at your disposal.
It doesn’t make sense to buy heavy equipment for small projects today. It’s usually too expensive and the upkeep simply isn’t worth it.
But thankfully, there’s a burgeoning industry of equipment-to-rent online. Within minutes, you can place an order and have a fleet of forklifts on the way.
Here are the top ten nationwide forklift rentals, ready to help you meet the demands of any industry.
If you’re looking to rent just about any kind of equipment, BigRentz is a great place to start.
BigRentz is a primary industry leader, as they were one of the first companies to bring rentals to modern internet ordering technology.
In addition to forklifts, BigRentz has lifts, trucks, and construction equipment available. If you know you need a forklift, but aren’t sure if you’ll encounter another equipment need with the same project, look no further.
Plus, their 8,000+ rental yards means there’s probably one near you already.
You’ll probably be most happy with the streamlined system BigRentz has created for delivering equipment. They’ve built a process as informative and user-friendly as Amazon, making this a great place to check out first.
BigRentz Rental Facts
- BigRentz has 1,500 rental partners and 7,500 rental yards across the US.
- They feature “no haggle” pricing at fair rates.
- An online portal lets customers view and manage their account and equipment.
- You can reserve and checkout equipment online.
BigRentz Rental Contact Details
- Website: www.bigrentz.com
Phone number: 888-325-5172
Sunbelt Rentals prides itself on its commitment to customer service. In addition to offering rentals, each of their facilities provides mechanics and service.
This is a particularly helpful feature if you’re expecting to need repairs on the job, or don’t want to worry about it yourself.
Sunbelt Rentals offers a variety of forklift equipment for any type of project. Whether you’re looking to move crates in a warehouse or beams on a constructions site, Sunbelt has you covered.
Source: Sunbelt Rentals
And if your forklift needs expand beyond basic warehouse use, you’ll find all the equipment you need with Sunbelt.
Sunbelt Rental Facts
- They serve a variety of customers across the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries,.
- The value of their rental fleet is over $7 billion.
- They provide comprehensive training and safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms, and forklifts.
- Sunbelt Rentals supports the “Restoring Independence Supporting Empowerment” or “R.I.S.E. program, providing specially adapted custom smart homes for America’s most severely wounded veterans and their families.
- They provide mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Sunbelt Rentals Contact Details
- Website: www.sunbeltrentals.com
- Email: Customerservice@sunbeltrentals.com
- Phone number: 800-No Sweat (800-667-9328)
Not every warehouse project in the United States is managed 100% in the US. For projects or companies with branches in Canada as well as the US, United Rentals is a perfect fit.
In addition to a massive inventory and excellent customer service, United Rentals prides itself on over 100 locations in Canada.
Source: United Rentals
If you have inventory across borders and you need to manage warehouse equipment rentals for the whole fleet, United is the place to start.
United Rentals Facts
- United Rentals offers a “Total Control” service that lets you save money and maximize utilization of your rental fleet.
- United Rentals was founded in 1997 and is the largest equipment rental company in the world.
- Yearly revenues are around $6 billion.
- They employ around 15,000 people.
- They provide careers and assistance to military vets and others through their “Building Futures” and “Giving Back” campaigns.
- They focus heavily on community outreach and are also among the first to respond to natural disasters and work diligently to ensure optimal emergency preparedness.
- United Rentals deploys over $11.6 billion of fleet.
- Customers split into 50% non-construction / industrial, 46% are non-residential construction, and 4% are residential.
- Safety initiatives include an Injury and Illness Prevention Program, branch safety meetings, driver safety programs and the United Academy training and certification management portal for customers and employees
- The United Academy provides a broad range of training and certification across all equipment use and handling skills.
United Rentals Contact Details
- Website: www.unitedrentals.com
- Phone number:855-200-5750
4. Herc Rentals
Unlike most other companies in the equipment rental space, Herc Rentals offers a number of tools along with their tractors and forklifts. Herc Rentals is part of the Hertz Group, and operates independently of the car rental side of the business.
If you need air compressors, filtration systems, or other high-end tools along with forklifts, Herc is likely the best place for you to start.
Source: Herc Rentals
In addition, Herc has an easy-to-use order interface that’s designed to streamline the process and eliminate wait times. You can immediately see what equipment is available.
Herc Rental Facts
- Herc Rentals provides guidance on materials handling, equipment selection, and ProContractor guides.
- The Herc Rental fleet is worth more than $3 billion.
- Annual revenues are over $1.5 billion.
- They have been renting out equipment for over 50 years.
- They employ nearly 5,000 people, across over 270 locations in the US and Canada.
- They are committed to a Safety First approach to all work.
- Many locations carry a full range of personal and jobsite safety accessories.
- They provide iOS and Android apps.
- They regularly work with state, province, and federal governments on disaster relief.
- Herc Rentals provides training and certification in the following areas:
- Formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, written material, and manufacturer’s videos).
- Practical training (demonstrations and exercises performed by the trainee).
- Evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace (in collaboration with customer).
- Equipment covered includes:
- Aerial (Scissor, Boom, Manually Propelled AWP).
- Forklift Class I, IV, V.
- Dust Control.
- Variable Reach & Straight Mast Forklift Class VII.
Herc Rental Contact Details
- Website: www.hercrentals.com
- Phone number: 800-654-6659
If you’re based in California, Ahern Rentals is a great place to look into. Yes, they have branches across the country, but their primary locations are in California.
This is important because Ahern has one of the broadest selections of forklifts available on the market. No matter what features you’re looking for, you can probably find a forklift option at Ahern.
Source: Ahern Rentals
If you’re not sure what features you need, look through the Ahern rentals catalog for a list of all the equipment they have available.
Ahern Rental Facts
- Ahern Rentals has over 40,000 pieces of equipment and vehicles available for rent across the US.
- They provide services from over 75 locations in the US.
- In addition to rentals, they also sell new and used equipment.
- Ahern specializes in high reach equipment, which permits the safe lifting of people or materials to work at height.
- They provide spare parts and equipment servicing, maintenance, and repair.
- Ahern is North America’s largest independently owned rental company.
- They have over 60 years of experience in equipment rental.
- They provide safety training, classes, and tests in the following areas:
- Rough Terrain Forklifts (All)
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Warehouse Folklifts)
- Skyjack™ Specific Lifts (Slab Scissors, Articulated Booms, Rough Terrain Scissors, etc.)
- Snorkel™ Booms Lifts (All)
- JLG™ Specific Lifts (Scissors & Booms)
- Genie™ Specific Lifts (Scissors & Booms)
Ahern Rental Contact Details
- Rentals, Sales and Customer Service phone number: 800-400-1610
- Safety Training Classes phone number: 800-400-1610
- Credit applications and enquiries phone number: 800-589-6797
- Safety Training Classes email: email@example.com
- Credit applications and enquiries email: CA@ahern.com
H&E offers a variety of equipment to rent, but their real focus is on selling. If you work with H&E, it can be a great way to expand your equipment capacity should you ever need to.
H&E is available in most of the contiguous US, which means you’ll probably be able to find a branch nearby.
Source: H&E Equipment Rentals
If your forklift rental needs continue to grow, you can consider the possibility of making a purchase of used equipment to supplement your needs.
H&E Equipment Services Rental Facts
- H&E were founded in 1961 and have been providing equipment rental for more than 50 years.
- They have over 80 locations across more than 20 states.
- H&E provides spare parts for many pieces of equipment and vehicles, including Komatsu eParts Central.
- They offer complete repair and maintenance services across most equipment makes and models.
- H&E offers planned maintenance programs, machine inspections, paint services, and warranty services.
- They offer remanufacturing, rebuild, and refurbishment for equipment and components.
- H&E provides complete online access through a customer dashboard allowing you to request equipment, view invoices, take equipment off rent, and create custom reports.
- Maintenance, repair, and other services can be provided at H&E locations or at a client’s site.
- H&E has a complete fleet maintenance program to lower operational costs.
- They provide equipment and vehicle insurance.
- They provide complete equipment safety training and certification on:
- Aerial lifts
- Warehouse forklifts
- Telescopic forklifts
- Earthmoving equipment
- Cranes (CCO Training)
- And more
H&E Equipment Services Rental Contact Details
- Website: www.he-equipment.com
- Phone number: 866-GO-RENTAL, 866-467-3682
Just as the name suggests, Discount Lift focuses on renting lift equipment, like forklifts and scissor lifts.
This is best if you have a large warehouse or need different types of lifts for the jobs you’ll be doing. The focus is simple, but the selection includes just about any kind of equipment you might need.
Source: Discount Lift Rentals
If you’re looking for expertise in lift rentals only, look no further.
Discount Lift Rentals Facts
- Discount Lift Rentals is family owned and operated.
- They work closely with independently-owned equipment rental yards, bringing everything together in one place.
- They have independent locations across all 50 states.
- Discount Lift Rentals provides Operator Training, Safety Training, and Train the Trainer.
Discount Lift Rentals Contact Details
If you’re looking for exclusive warehouse equipment, Heavy Rentals isn’t designed for you. But if you’re expecting to bridge the line between warehouse rentals and construction equipment, you need to visit Heavy Rentals.
Their focus is on construction equipment, and to that end they offer all kinds of heavy duty equipment, from scissor lifts to backhoes and everything in between.
Source: Heavy Rentals Equipment
Of course, their forklift selection is also extensive, and you will probably be able to find just about any type of machine you need for your project.
Heavy Rentals Equipment Rental Facts
- Heavy Rentals Equipment partners with independent rental businesses throughout the US.
- Their network spans more than 6,500 locations.
- They provide equipment for residential, commercial, industrial, and specialized services across all 50 states.
Heavy Rentals Equipment Rental Contact Details
- Website: heavyrentals.equipment
- Phone number: 844-625-6400
Not every warehouse manager is ready to pay for rentals with cash. Perhaps the inventory that needs to be moved will pay for the rentals, or money is just tight right now.
Whatever the case for your team, BlueLine Rentals has you covered. They offer a streamlined credit approval process so you can rent forklifts (and other equipment, if needed) without paying the full price up front.
Source: BlueLine Rental
In addition to their credit system, they also have branches in Canada. BlueLine is the perfect place to rent a forklift on credit throughout North America.
BlueLine Rental Facts
- They have around 2,000 employees.
- Their rental fleet is worth around $1.5 billion.
- BlueLine rental team members are encouraged to spend time with their rental customers to learn about their precise needs.
- They believe in a “zero accident” approach, for customers and employees.
- They hold weekly safety and guidance meetings.
- Customers can also book safety training and certification through them.
- BlueLine Rental Safety Training meets all applicable OSHA and ANSI requirements.
- They have rental apps available for iOS and Android.
- They provide protective gear for workers.
BlueLine Rental Contact Details
- Website: www.bluelinerental.com
- Phone number: 866-610-BLUE
10. Toyota Forklifts
Finishing off the list is Toyota rentals. If you’re looking specifically for Toyota forklifts, this is where you need to look. The Toyota Forklifts website is owned by the Toyota company, and is the definitive resource for renting quality approved equipment.
You’ll find a number of local dealers in your area ready to rent a fleet that’ll serve your needs. In addition, you can find extra parts and service–all through licensed retailers.
Source: Toyota Forklifts
If you only need forklifts, and you only want Toyota, this is the obvious go-to resource.
Toyota Forklifts Rental Facts
- There are nearly 250 dealer locations for Toyota forklifts in the country.
- Toyota has over 3,000 certified service technicians across the US.
- A forklift management system lets you analyze how forklifts are being used so you can optimize the fleet.
- Toyota provides complete safety training for forklifts.
- They provide complete servicing and maintenance.
- Toyota provides an interactive tool to help you decide on the perfect forklift, depending on your answers to several questions.
Toyota Forklifts Rental Contact Details
- Website: www.toyotaforklift.com
- Sales Hotline phone number: 800-226-0009
- Customer Support phone number: 800-381-5879
- Finance Support phone number: 800-541-2315
Finding a Forklift Rental Service That Works for You
If you suddenly have an uptick in demand, you’ll need to make special arrangements to handle your warehouse inventory.
To do so, you’ll also need to ensure you have a large enough labor force to handle the demand and equipment you’re going to order.
Of course, we recommend using a platform like Wonolo for finding these on-demand workers. It’s a simple way to hire people as needed and ensure you can meet the new demands you’re facing.
However you manage it, you now know the best forklift rentals services available to you. It’s time to place that order!